Martha Stewart Living, June 2001
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 head escarole (1 pound), well washed and cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add escarole hearts, and cook for 1 minute. Add remaining leaves, and cook, stirring until bright green and wilted, about 2 minutes more. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water to aid in wilting. Add butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.