- 1 cup coarse grain polenta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, deep saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. While whisking constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to medium, cook until thickened, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, heavy cream, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.