Turkey Cobb Sandwich
Breakfast and lunch on one bun, this indulgent take on Cobb salad stacks avocado, blue cheese, turkey, crisp bacon, and a gently cooked egg, which bathes the layers in rich golden goodness.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2008
- 3 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for roll or bun
- 1 brioche roll or hamburger bun, split
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1 medium egg
- 4 thin slices cooked turkey
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, and wipe skillet clean.
- Butter cut sides of roll or bun. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Place roll or bun, buttered sides down, in skillet, and cook until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Mash avocado and blue cheese in a small bowl. Spread mixture on bottom half of roll or bun. Top with tomato and bacon.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add egg, and cook until white is set, about 1 1/2 minutes. Gently flip egg, and cook until yolk is runny in center but slightly set around edge, about 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Add turkey to pan, and heat through.
- Place turkey and egg on top of tomato. Top with remaining half of roll or bun, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.