Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican chocolate is flavored with cinnamon, almonds, and vanilla. It is available in Mexican markets and some supermarkets.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- 1 quart milk
- 2 three-inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 ounces Ibarra, or other Mexican chocolate, finely chopped
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, for serving
- Place milk and cinnamon sticks in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat, and add chocolate. Let the mixture stand until chocolate melts, about 3 minutes. Whisk until combined. Serve Mexican hot chocolate immediately, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.