The Martha Stewart Show, March 2006
- 2 slices good-quality white bread, crusts removed, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 8 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place bread in a bowl; pour milk over it. In another bowl, mix veal and pork. Add onion, garlic, zest, and parsley. Add salt and pepper. Mash bread mixture to form paste; add to meat mixture. Mix; add egg. Combine well. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form mixture into twelve to sixteen 1 1/2-inch balls. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute half the meatballs until brown, a few minutes on each side. Transfer to a pan big enough to hold all the meatballs. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs. Place in oven to finish cooking, about 20 minutes. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.