- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces best-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pulse flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter and vanilla, and process until mixture comes together. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick; cut out shapes with a 3 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch diamond-shape cookie cutter. Space 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies until firm to the touch, 20 to 25
minutes. Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt white chocolate, stirring, in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle chocolate over tops of cookies. Let set before serving, about 30 minutes.
Cookies can be stored in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.