These delicious smashed potatoes (recipe courtesy of editorial assistant Camila de Onis) are a perfect side dish to her Peruvian Fish Stew.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
- 2 pounds small purple potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan. Using the back of a large spoon, smash potatoes; stir in olive oil and salt. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with parsley and chives; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.