Use single-pint containers of ice cream for this recipe. The ice cream is easiest to slice if you leave it in its container. Cut the bottom end slightly thicker to compensate for the container rim.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup Hot Fudge Hot Fudge (http://www.marthastewart.com/282263/hot-fudge)
- 4 strawberries, stems and leaves removed, cut into thirds crosswise
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Using a serrated knife, cut each pint of ice cream crosswise into four disks. Place a chocolate disk on each of four plates. Top each with a vanilla and strawberry disk. Pour hot fudge over each stack, and top each with a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with strawberry slices, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.