Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Holiday Party Foods 2003, Winter 2003
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more baking sheet
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Generously butter a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until just combined. Beat in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough on prepared baking sheet. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely on baking sheet. Use a serrated knife to cut into 1 1/2-by-4-inch bars.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.