Iceberg Wedges with Buttermilk Dressing
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Martha Stewart Living, September 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot, (about 1 shallot)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core trimmed
- 1/2 cup halved and whole small cherry tomatoes
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallot, chives, lemon juice, coarse salt, pepper, and celery salt in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Cut lettuce lengthwise into quarters. Transfer a wedge to each of 4 plates. Drizzle each wedge with dressing, and garnish with tomatoes, dividing evenly.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.