Marsala Cheese Tart with Oranges
A rich combination of Marsala wine, whipped cream, cream cheese, and vanilla is spread in a ginger crust, frozen, and served with oranges.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- Yield Makes one 8-inch tart
- 5 ounces gingersnaps, broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Marsala
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 navel oranges
- Place gingersnaps in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl, add melted butter, and stir until well combined. Transfer to an 8-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, and press into bottom and up sides to form an even crust. Place in freezer.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy. Add Marsala and vanilla extract, and beat until combined. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks, and fold into cream-cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared crust; return to freezer at least 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm.
- Cut ends off oranges, and remove peel, pith, and outer membranes following the curve of the fruit with a paring knife. Lift sections away from inner membranes; reserve sections. Serve cheesecake garnished with orange sections.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.