Cold Tomato-Buttermilk Soup
Cups of soup, which require no spoons, are steadied by the baking dish.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup arugula (about 1 ounce), chopped
- Combine all ingredients except arugula. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or overnight). Stir to recombine. Add arugula, and serve or pour into a thermos.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.