Iceberg Hearts with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Photography: Beatriz da Costa
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 4 ounces good-quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- Combine mustard, vinegar, and half of the blue cheese in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking until the mixture becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one wedge of lettuce on each serving plate, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with the remaining cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.