Photography: Antonis Achilleos
Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
Yield Makes about 6 1/2 cups
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3/4 ounce)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 cups instant polenta
- Bring milk, salt, and oil to a slow boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add polenta, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and Parmesan. Drizzle with oil, and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.