Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundaes
Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup, plus more to adjust consistency
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Best-quality vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint candy, coarsely chopped
- Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir to combine, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and peppermint extract.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted. If necessary, adjust consistency with additional corn syrup. Serve over ice cream. Garnish with chopped peppermint candy.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.