Martha Stewart Living, October 2001
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium head (about 1 1/4 pounds) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat butter in medium skillet, over medium heat. Add cabbage, saute for 1 minute. Add caraway seeds and apple cider, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally for 6 to 7 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.