Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with these surprising confections that look like real spuds.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2011
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups walnuts (toasted, cooled, and finely chopped)
- Ground cinnamon
- Beat butter and cream cheese with vanilla and salt until pale and fluffy. Mix in sugar and walnuts until smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Roll dough (1 tablespoon each) between your hands. Shape into "potatoes." Roll in cinnamon; brush off excess with a pastry brush. To create "eyes," stick in walnut pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.