Everyday Food, April 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably natural
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, make peanut sauce: In a blender or food processor, blend peanut butter, garlic, pepper flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil until smooth.
- Cut cucumber crosswise into thirds; cut each piece lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Stack slices; cut lengthwise into very thin strips. Transfer pasta to a large bowl; toss with sauce, cucumber, and carrots. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.