Irish Apple Mash
This Irish mash-up of potatoes and apples makes a nice side dish for Uncorned Beef and Cabbage.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2011
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- Coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Place potatoes and apples in a large pot; cover with water. Season with coarse salt. Cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain. Add butter, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Mash.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.