Hot Potato Salad with Scallion Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette is a simple blend of oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mustard is also commonly added. You can also add an extra flavoring or two, such as herbs, scallions, garlic, cheese, horseradish, poppy or sesame seeds, or a bit of sugar or honey. If you're using fresh herbs, add them just before using the dressing.
Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 recipe Scallion Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/257587/scallion-vinaigrette)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Scrub 2 pounds boiling potatoes; slice 1/3 inch thick. Put in medium saucepan with salted water to cover by 2 to 3 inches. Boil until tender, 15 minutes. Drain.
- In large bowl, toss hot potatoes with one half recipe Scallion Vinaigrette and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.