This delicious recipe for coconut macaroons is adapted for "The Martha Stewart Show" from "Martha Stewart Cookies."
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2008
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, coconut, egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Using your hands, mix well, completely combining ingredients.
- Dampen hands with cold water. Use 1 1/2 tablespoons to form mounds; place on prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 16 to 17 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.