Asian-Style Pork Chops
Everyday Food, May 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt
- 4 bone-in rib pork chops (8 to 10 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- Pickled Radishes (http://www.marthastewart.com/256394/pickled-radishes)
- Make the marinade: In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for drizzling. Place pork chops in a shallow dish with the rest of the marinade; turn to coat. Set aside at room temperature, turning occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. Lift pork chops from dish, leaving some marinade clinging to meat; discard the rest. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until well browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To glaze, brush with pan juices, and drizzle with reserved marinade. Spoon pickled radishes, without their juice, over each pork chop. Serve with shredded napa cabbage, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.