Reserved drippings from the rib-roast fat add richness to this Yorkshire pudding.
This recipe was also featured on "Mad Hungry for the Holidays."
Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
Yield Makes 12 to 24 popovers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons pan drippings, reserved from <u>Standing Rib Roast with Roasted Potatoes</u>
- Whisk flour, eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk remaining milk into batter. (The batter should resemble heavy cream.) Pour 1 teaspoon drippings into each popover cup (1/2 teaspoon if using muffin tins), then place in oven for 2 minutes. Carefully pour batter into cups, filling each 1/3 full. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.