Prosciutto and Mushroom Quesadillas
Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced medium
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 packages (20 ounces total) button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 pound grated Gruyere cheese
- 6 cups baby arugula (4 ounces)
- 4 pieces lavash bread or 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with lemon juice. Wipe skillet clean.
- Divide prosciutto, Gruyere, mushroom mixture, and arugula among bottom halves of lavash bread or halves of tortillas; fold other half over filling to close. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high and cook a quesadilla until cheese melts and lavash or tortilla is crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.