We serve this dip with cucumber, cauliflower, fennel, daikon radishes, jicama, kohlrabi, and celery.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 sixteen-ounce container sour cream
- 1 fourteen-ounce log fresh, creamy goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread slivered almonds in a rimmed baking sheet; bake until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, melt butter over medium-low heat, then add leeks. Saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place sour cream and goat cheese in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add almonds, leeks, parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper. Keep covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.