Rigatoni with Swiss Chard
Martha Stewart Living, June 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni, or other tubular pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard, leaves cut into 1/2-inch strips and stems cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) pine nuts, toasted
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt and the pasta; cook 3 minutes less than package indicates. Drain.
- Heat butter and oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat about 1 minute. Add garlic and shallots; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in chard, lemon zest, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, and the red pepper flakes; season with pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until chard has just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, ricotta, and pine nuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide among 4 serving dishes. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.