Puffed Carrot Casserole
This recipe comes from Annette Ingerman of Baltimore.
Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Prep Time 50 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- Serves 10
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds carrots (about 15), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Put carrots in a saucepan, and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer until tender, 35 minutes. Drain; mash carrots with a potato masher.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour into prepared dish. Bake for 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.