Roasted Acorn Squash, Shallots, and Rosemary
Look for squash with smooth skins and no soft spots or blemishes. They should also feel heavy for their size.
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 prepared Basic Acorn Squash (http://www.marthastewart.com/255442/basic-acorn-squash), 2 pounds each
- 8 shallots
- 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare acorn squash. Carefully cut each half into four wedges.
- Peel shallots, leaving root ends intact (separate into lobes, if large). Combine on a rimmed baking sheet with squash, fresh rosemary, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss well to coat, and spread in a single layer.
- Roast, turning squash halfway through, until browned and tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.