Roasted Pork Loin with Balsamic Gravy
Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 boneless center-cut pork loin (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Balsamic Gravy (http://www.marthastewart.com/262035/balsamic-gravy)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place pork in a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan. Rub pork with oil; evenly coat with mixed seeds. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast pork until browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue cooking (tented with foil if browning too quickly) until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 140 degrees and pork juices run clear, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a platter. Tent with foil, and let rest 10 to 20 minutes while you make the Balsamic Gravy. To serve, slice the pork about 1/4 inch thick, and serve with the gravy.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.