Martha Stewart Living, October 2006
Yield Makes Enough for 1 Dozen Tartlets
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With machine running, add yolks in a slow, steady stream. Add water, a little at a time, until dough just comes together.
- Divide dough in thirds; shape into disks. Wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 2 days).
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.