Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
Yield Makes enough for 3 dozen cream puffs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- Put butter and confectioners' sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg yolks, and mix until combined, about 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup flour, and mix just until flour is incorporated. Add remaining 3/4 cup flour, the salt, and cream; mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.