Martha Stewart Living, June
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives, rosemary, or thyme (optional)
- 9 tablespoons (1 1/8 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Process flour, salt, and herbs (if using) in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk together egg mixture and the water in a small bowl. With processor running, pour in egg mixture; process until dough starts to come together. Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.