Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are a classic treat that your whole family will love.
Martha Stewart Living Television
Yield Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and continue beating on low speed. Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until just blended. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand. Using the tines of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern in the dough. Bake until rich golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.