Creamy Tomato Dressing
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1996
- 3 (12 ounce) ripe tomatoes, cored
- 1/4 cup low-fat (1 percent) cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes into quarters; puree in a food processor. Pass through a strainer into a bowl; discard seeds and skin.
- Using a rubber spatula, press cottage cheese through a strainer into tomatoes. Add remaining ingredients; whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.