Tuna and Farfalle Puttanesca
Martha Stewart Living, February 1997
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped (3 medium cloves) garlic
- 2 medium red onions, (1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices lengthwise
- 1 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 10 canned whole plum tomatoes, seeded, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise, plus 1 cup juice
- 3 tablespoons nonpareil capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, (3 ounces), pitted and cut into quarters
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oil-packed Italian-style light tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring saucepan of salted water to boil. Pour oil in large skillet; place over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; saute until onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, about 11 minutes. Add tomatoes, juice, capers, rosemary, and olives to onions; add salt and pepper to taste. Raise the heat to medium high, and cook until tomatoes are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain pasta; transfer to large serving bowl. Add sauce, tuna, and parsley; toss gently to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.