Radish Butter on Toasted Baguette
The radish butter would be equally delicious with brown bread or spread on crisp spears of Belgian endive for a light hors d'oeuvre. Radishes can be soaked in cold water for several hours for added crispness, if desired.
Photography: ANNA WILLIAMS
Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 8 medium radishes (about 1 bunch), cleaned, root ends trimmed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- One 8-ounce baguette
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grate radishes on the large holes of a box grater; place on paper towels, and squeeze out excess liquid. Combine radishes and butter in a small bowl; mix well.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise, and place in oven; toast until crisp and browned. Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Spread radish mixture on toasted baguette; season with salt and pepper. Slice each half into four pieces, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.