Baked Raspberry Custard
Everyday Food, April 2010
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries (about 9 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In oven, melt butter in a 9-inch pie plate, about 6 minutes.
- In a blender, combine milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla. Add melted butter and blend mixture until smooth, 30 seconds.
- Distribute berries evenly in pie plate and pour batter over top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and bake until slightly puffed and just set in middle, 20 to 25 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until top is deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.