Cantaloupe and Bocconcini Salad with Mint
Used in both sweet and savory dishes, mint has a mild scent and a peppery flavor. Look for leaves that are bright green with no signs of bruising.
Source: Everyday Food, July/August
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, scooped into 1-inch balls with a melon baller (about 3 cups)
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small fresh-mozzarella balls), or fresh mozzarella cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 to 3 thin slices ham or prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe, bocconcini or fresh mozzarella, ham or prosciutto, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with mint leaves, and serve immediately.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.