Sauteed Corn, Bacon, and Scallions
Raw or cooked kernels can be frozen in resealable plastic bags for up to six months. Be sure to write the date on the bag with a marker for future reference.
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 cups corn kernels
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add corn kernels; season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallions. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.