Skirt Steak with Poblano Sauce
The darker the poblano, the richer the flavor, which varies from mild to strong. At about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide, they are the ideal size for roasting, grilling, or stuffing.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 thinly sliced roasted poblano chiles
- 1 lime
- Heat grill to high. Rub skirt steak with canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato, poblano chiles, juice of 1/2 lime, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup water; season with salt.
- Reduce heat; simmer until thickened and saucy, 3 to 5 minutes. Slice meat; serve with sauce and lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.