Serve this hard sauce with plum pudding for a delicious and traditional Christmas dessert. This recipe is from "Entertaining," by Martha Stewart.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2007
- 8 ounces whipped unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons cognac
- Put ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. Put sauce in tightly covered jar. Refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.