- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- In a blender, combine egg with about 1 teaspoon of oil and salt. Blend at lowest speed.
- With blender still running, add remaining oil in a slow, steady stream until it is incorporated. If you prefer a thicker mayonnaise, blend for an additional 10 seconds at a higher speed.
- Transfer mayonnaise to a bowl, and stir in vinegar. Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.