- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (1 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse ginger and carrot to a coarse paste. Add vinegar and miso, and pulse to combine.
- With the machine running, slowly add oil in a thin, steady stream through the feed tube until mixture is emulsified. Add water if dressing is too thick. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
To achieve a uniform consistency, grate the carrot on the small holes of a box grater before pureeing in the food processor.