Serve this mango chutney with Chicken and Pork Sheekh Kebabs or with grilled fish. Apricots or peaches also work well in this recipe.
Photography: Kate Sears
Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound mangoes, apricots, or peaches, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool. Serve at room temperature. Chutney can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week; bring to room temperature before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.