Tropical Sorbet Terrine
Everyday Food, June 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 7 hours
- Yield Serves 12
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pint coconut sorbet, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 pint mango sorbet, softened
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 6-cup (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches) loaf pan with a long strip of plastic wrap, leaving a 2-inch overhang on long sides; set aside.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup toasted coconut in prepared pan. Dollop coconut sorbet on top, and spread evenly; sprinkle with cup toasted coconut. Repeat with raspberry sorbet and remaining cup toasted coconut, then mango sorbet. Fold plastic overhang over sorbet, and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, unfold plastic, and invert pan onto a plate; remove plastic. Slice terrine crosswise with a serrated knife.
To give sorbet the right consistency for spreading, soften it at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or microwave it on high in 10-second increments, testing for softness in between. Don't overdo it: You want it spreadable, not soupy!
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.