Butternut Squash with Sage
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until squash is fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss with sage.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.