This recipe for lemon aioli is an ideal accompaniment to black peppered mussels. Because it contains raw eggs, it should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, or anyone whose health is compromised.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups safflower oil
- Combine lemon juice, zest, vinegar, garlic, paprika, egg, and egg yolk in the bowl of a small food processor. Process just until ingredients are blended.
- With processor running, slowly drizzle in safflower oil, into mixture and process until emulsified. Season with salt. Chill for 30 minutes, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.