- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or dark rum (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Place pineapple in a large bowl. Add sugar, and toss to coat. Place in hot pan. Cook, turning once and shaking pan often, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pineapple.
- If necessary, stir water or rum into pan to thin sauce, and heat briefly; drizzle over pineapple. Serve with ice cream if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.