An assortment of roasted vegetables is the perfect accompaniment to a fondue spread.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, or button, trimmed
- 2 bunches baby or 3 medium turnips, peeled and left whole or cut into wedges if large, root end left intact
- 1 small delicata or acorn squash (about 1 1/4 pounds), seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 8 to 10 small carrots (about 1 pound)
- 8 very small or 2 medium red onions, left whole and root end left intact or cut into wedges if large
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Divide vegetables and garlic between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with half the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake until vegetables are tender and golden, 40 to 50 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.