Serve these flavorful roasted vegetables from chef April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig and The John Dory Oyster Bar with her Slow-Roasted Balsamic-Glazed Duck for a sophisticated holiday feast.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled, halved on the bias, thicker piece halved lengthwise
- 1 pound medium parsnips, peeled, halved on the bias, thicker piece halved lengthwise
- 4 bulbs fennel, trimmed, inner layers only, quartered (outer layers reserved for <u>Slow-Roasted Balsamic-Glazed Duck</u>)
- 1 pound medium red onions, halved
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated, skin-on
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Maldon sea salt
- Salsa Rossa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large roasting pan over high heat; add carrots, parsnips, fennel, and onions; cook, stirring, until slightly browned. Remove from heat and add garlic, thyme, and salt. Transfer to oven and roast until tender and brown, about 40 minutes.
- Serve roasted vegetables with salsa rossa.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.